Live Bands and DJs
Our Sound System
The Party Barn at Foxtail Barns is fitted with a state-of-the-art sound system designed by PSL Technology Group specifically for the venue, its acoustics and its intended purpose.
Whether you’re a DJ bringing in playback equipment, or a full band with keyboards, drums, vocals and even brass; we have thought about your needs and designed the system around getting the very best possible results for you as well as our customers.
The system is restricted to ensure that we are respectful neighbours to those living near the venue. This is NOT a limiting system that cuts the power to your equipment but an intelligent dynamic EQ and transparent limiter system that will not compromise on sound quality or your performance. Limits are set to around 96dB(A).
- You can plug in directly to the system via a pair of stereo balanced XLR’s.
- Please use In Ear Monitors (IEMs) only.
- Avoid using the following frequencies as these are used for our wireless microphones: 606.900 & 606.500
- Acoustic Drum Kits are permitted.
- Our Engineers recommend trying an Electric Drum Kit, this will give you more control over the Mix
- We allow Limited Backline Amplification (small guitar combos, small bass amps but we would prefer bands to use multi effects units instead.
- You will not be permitted to use your own PA equipment or speakers.
PLI & PAT Certificate
Please make sure we have a copy of your Public Liability Insurance and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Certificate for your equipment, before the wedding day. You will not be permitted to perform at the venue unless we have these documents in place.
You’re welcome to email them to us directly or send them to the happy couple who’ll forward them on.
We want the the happy couple and their guests to enjoy your amazing performance, please do not hesitate to contact us in advance if you would like any further information about our performance requirements.
Unloading and Setting Up Your Equipment
As you approach the wedding venue follow signs to the Car Park.
You’ll be able to unload your gear straight onto the stage.
- Please be aware that we do not provide stage lighting please bring your own.
- We don’t allow dry ice as it triggers our smoke particle detectors.
- You are not permitted to use your own speakers or PA System in the Party Barn.
- It is not possible to leave any equipment overnight with us.
The Foxtail Barns Event Manager will be onsite to greet you when you arrive. You’ll be shown to the stage area within the Party Barn where you’ll be performing.
If we’ve not had the opportunity to discuss timings with you before the couple’s big day we’ll let you know when the best time for the sound check will be, when you arrive. It’s ideal if you’ve completed the sound check before the wedding guests are seated for the wedding breakfast or after the speeches to minimise disruption.
Music Stops at Midnight
In accordance with our license please ensure all music stops at 12am (Midnight).
We suggest you wind things down slightly earlier to enable you to play the ‘one more’ which is often requested when you have a full dance floor!!
All the power sockets located in Party Barn are connected to an automatic timer which cuts the power at 12.05am to give you time to shut down any sensitive equipment. Our lovely Event Managers cannot override the automatic cut off.
Please work with us on this; the music must stop at Midnight.
We ask that all Bands and DJs are packed up by 00:30 at the latest.
Where Are We
Foxtail Barns Wedding Venue
Consall Hall Gardens Estate
Foxtail Barns Wedding Venue enjoys an exclusive area of the 70-acre Consall Hall Gardens Estate which also hosts The Tawny Hotel.